Thursday, January 5, 2012

Yes, it is tough being a woman.

So I’ve been reading this book, Esther: It’s Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore. Admittedly not my typical reading material (nary a vampire or witch in the whole book!) but I cannot believe how much I’m enjoying it! Beth Moore does an amazing job of making the Bible accessible, understandable, AND entertaining! The way Esther is set up, you do a little study section each day, and I’m definitely finding myself looking forward to it daily. I’ll be working through this one for awhile, but I’m already looking forward to finding a similar book to tackle other parts of the Bible. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Beth...
    I was reading your homeowners association blog b/c I saw it on FB (they are jerks, btw!!) and kept on reading & came across this blog.
    I am going to have to check out the Esther study book... sounds very interesting! I've been going to a women's Bible study group for a couple years now & although this isn't about a specific book of the Bible, it was our favorite book so far...
    http://www.christianbook.com/protecting-your-family-charles-stanley/9781418528133/pd/528133/1276107984?event=SP1010|592020|1010|592020|1010
    You'll have to let me know if you decide to check it out. We really liked it b/c it's more about being PROactive than being REactive while raising a family. I don't know if Perry would have any interest, but we all felt like the men (our husbands) needed to do this one, too.
    Anyway... that's all for now! If you have any questions, message me on FB! :)
    Lorea :)

    ReplyDelete