Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday Wisdom

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off your bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

These are words to live by if ever there were any. Life is too short to live with the regret of "what if". Things move so quickly, you have to reach out and grab life and LIVE it while you can. Today I had to go buy a pair of shoes for my son, who is 10. I discovered that he is now in the largest kid's size - size 6. Next time I shop for shoes for him, I'll have to shop in the men's section. MEN'S! Where did my little baby boy go? Time has simply FLOWN by since I became a mom. I feel so blessed to know that I am in the position to be there for my kid's activities, their (endless) sporting events, their school functions. Thanks to Thirty-One and taking a leap of faith in myself, believing in myself that I COULD build a business, I can be there for them when they need me, and even when they think they don't. What if I had never taken that leap of faith? What if I had listened to people who told me "you're never going to make a living selling purses"? This isn't the career that I imagined for myself when I was a child, but that doesn't mean that I'm not exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Don't be afraid to dream big. It's from the biggest dreams that amazing futures can be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment