Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Not the target market

So for awhile now I've been receiving this magazine in the mail called Tampa Bay Illustrated. I don't typically read it, as I don't much have time to sit around reading magazines (seriously, I have the best of intentions but just recently had a wake up call and purged some old ones from 2006 that I hadn't quite had time for yet. Ugh.) But I happened to flip through this one, and it struck me very quickly that I am not the target audience for this particular magazine. I started to grasp that from the myraid of plastic surgery ads, and the real estate listings solely comprised of homes over $10,000,000.00 drove the point home. Honestly I don't have a clue how I got on their mailing list. At first I assumed that it must be a free publication, but in looking up their website to post it here, I see that an annual subscription costs $24.95 per year. I can only wonder how many other "regular" people like myself are receving this mag monthly. I imagine that the prices the advertisers pay is steep enough to cover the costs of sending this thing all over Tampa Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment