Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Art?

I am always looking for new ways to decorate and accessorize my home. Some of my ideas come from magazines, some from displays in stores, and some are more of a brainstorming session with myself or others. I often have people ask to see what I've come up with lately, and rather than email out pics, I guess from now on I will post them here from time to time.


This piece is one that I have hanging in my family room. The idea was come up with by my friend Jason and myself over sushi one day. He was talking about wanting to paint a wall of his house with circles, and I said rather than doing a whole wall, what about doing canvases so that when you wanted to change them out it would be easier. So I decided to do that for my family room as a focal point on one wall after Ravi and I repainted the room.

This was done with three pieces of blank artist's canvas from Michael's, about 11.75 inches x 34 inches each. All three canvases were painted off white and then laid out on the floor about an inch apart. To make the circles, I got three each of three different sized circular quilter's rings, and three shades of green paint. Each ring was painted and then pressed onto the canvas. I had created a mock-up design in Photoshop first, so I had a pretty good idea of where I wanted the circles placed before I got started. I'm happy with how it came out, though I wish I had gone bigger. There is always the possibility that I'll go back later and add additional canvases, but for now it makes a decent conversation piece in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment