Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Manga Monday Review: French Dip Sliders


This week my Manga Monday recipe was for French Dip Sliders, found here: http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a51086/french-dip-sliders-recipe/.

Okay, first off, these were SO easy. And so quick! By the time the oven was heated I already had the sliders assembled and ready to go in. Then it was just a matter of making the Au jus for dipping while they cooked. So simple!

The only side note I have about the recipe is that it did need more butter than indicated - you're supposed to cook the onion in butter, and then brush the tops of the sliders with butter before baking them, so I melted an extra 2T of butter for that. Then of course the butter for the au jus.

My daughter doesn't eat sandwiches, so she was out, but my husband and son and I all loved them, and my son even took the leftovers to school for lunch today (after I convinced him that I am sure they would still be good even if they were cold).

The bread was just crispy enough, and the cheese was perfectly melted after just under 20 minutes in the oven.

The recipe didn't come with any side dish suggestions, so I made french fries (always a fan fave) and asparagus. Nothing fancy, but it was all yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment