Monday, January 29, 2018

Manga Monday Review: Famous Butter Chicken


This week I made Famous Butter Chicken, found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24002/famous-butter-chicken/. Only I kinda didn't. I was out running kids around, so hubby actually made this one. And it was DELISH. I absolutely loved the Ritz crackers as breading on the chicken. And I did contribute to the cooking, by crushing up the Ritz crackers for him ahead of time. I crushed up considerably more than the recipe called for, and he said that it was barely enough, so if you're trying this at home, crush up about two sleeves worth of Ritz rather than the 1 cup that it calls for.

Aside from that, everything was spot on. Cooking times were perfect, it was very tender and juice. Hubby served it with mashed potatoes, which was good, but it would have worked well with baked potatoes, steamed asparagus, broccoli, etc. Basically whatever you want to serve with this should be a hit. I would definitely make this again, and maybe I would even be the one making it next time!

I didn't get any pics of the entire meal, because he didn't wait for my daughter and I to get home from errands before he served it, but here's a pic of one piece. Nice and crunchy without being too crunchy. Basically all around yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment