Monday, July 19, 2010

motivated and energized

I just had a great call tonight that Thirty-One put on with Michael Bernoff speaking to us. What a fabulous speaker this man is! He has me so energized and motivated about my business that I just am not even sure where to start. I would highly encourage any women in business to take a look at some of what he has to offer.

One of the biggest things he emphasized was that in order to really succeed at whatever you are attempting, you first have to believe in yourself. And this is where we as women often fall short. We give and give and give (to our kids, husbands, employer, friends, etc.) and then there is nothing leftover for US, so of course when only that last little bit of energy and drive is all we are putting into US, then yes, we are not going to be the success that we are hoping we will be. And then we are our own self-fulfilling prophecy. We don't think we can do it (whatever IT is) and so we can't. You have to soar yourself before you can help others soar. I know we all know this, but how many of us are actually practicing it in our daily lives? How many times have you said "I wish I could _______" but then done nothing to advance yourself towards that dream? The world isn't waiting to just hand you success, you have to want it and work towards it, and I challenge you all to think of one way today that you can begin to do that. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment